About Dr. Arvind Poswal
Dr. Arvind Poswal,an inventor, an artist, a perfectionist and a teacher is popular among his patients and peers alike.
He completed his medical studies from the prestigious Armed Forces Medical College, Pune (India).
He is from an army background. His grandfather and father both were in the army and received several decorations and awards while taking part in many wars ranging from the World War 1, World War-II and 1971 war.
He himself served in the Army Medical Corps as Permanent Commissioned Medical Officer from 1990 to 1996.
During this tenure he was a part of the Operation Prahar (anti- terrorism operations in Punjab) in early 1990’s and later in Counter – insurgency operations in Rajouri on the Indo-Pakistan border (in Kashmir).
Over the past, almost 20 years (since 1997), Dr. Arvind Poswal - A hair transplant doctor in Delhi has contributed immensely in the field of hair transplant, whether it is technique, instrumentation or training.
A pioneer – He is also the inventor of the stitch-less FUSE technique, Body hair and beard hair-to-scalp transplants that has enabled numerous recent advances in the field of modern hair transplants.
A teacher – He is noted and lauded for having shared his knowledge and advances with leading hair transplant doctors worldwide.
This has been appreciated by doctors from all parts of the world and from numerous specialties. (click here to view)
An Artist – He is recognized as one of the most versatile hair restoration doctors worldwide. His focus on pleasing, amazing hair transplant results has made him popular among patients and his peers alike.
An Icon – Dr. Arvind Poswal (and Dr A’s Clinic) has been recognized as “Overall Top Ranked #1 Hair Transplant Clinic in the World” by USA based consumer site for hair loss for 6 years in a row.
A pioneer in various aspects of hair restoration, he is the first Hair Transplant doctor from India to be granted membership of the prestigious American Hairloss Association and to be featured on the USA based the bald truth radio, Fox News, etc. He has also trained numerous doctors in the field of hair restoration, some of whom now work in the USA while others work alongside him at his center.
Dr. Arvind Poswal has firmly established India’s name as a leading destination for hair restoration By his cutting edge innovations and inventions.
Awards and Recognition
- Global Indian of the Year Award 2014 Presented to Dr. Arvind Poswal for Outstanding Individual Achievements & Distinguished Services to the Nation by Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Devi Singh Patil.
- Life Time Health Achievement Award 2012 by His Excellency H. E. Mr. Waven William High Commissioner of the Republic of Seychelles.
- Pride of India Leadership Award 2011 by His Excellency Sir Anerood Jugnauth, President of Mauritius.
- Best Hair Transplant Surgeon 2010 Award in Delhi (Padma Bhushan Shri Kapil Dev).
- International Gold Star Millennium Award for the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon (by His Excellency Mr. Korn Dabbaransi, formerDy. Prime Minister of Thailand).
- Bharat Gaurav Award 2011 for Outstanding Individual Achievements & Distinguished Services to the Nation (by Hon’ble Dr. J. Geeta Reddy, Commerce, Major Industries and Exports Minister of Govt. of Andhra Pradesh).
- Indian International Achievers’ Award 2010 -11 for Health Excellence at New Delhi, India.
- Best Hair Transplant Surgeon 2011 in India byFamous Actor Raza Murad.
- Indian Icon Award 2011 for Best Hair Transplant Surgeon.
- Best Hair Transplant Centre in Delhi/NCR byTIME Media Group.
- League Extra- Ordinaire Award for Best Hair Transplant 2012 Surgeon by famous actor Mukesh Rishi.
- Hair Site Achievement Award 2015, for World’s no. 1 ranking Hair Transplant Clinic, for 6consecutive years, for documenting maximum number of successful hair transplant patient results on USA based hairsite’s hair transplant open competition worldwide.
- Chief Guest of Honour memento by Dr. James Harris (Texas, USA) 2011 at conference on latest hair transplant methods.
- His educational articles have featured in various leading national newspapers and magazines.
- From time to time, his papers have been published in peer reviewed, indexed medical journals –The prestigious Indian Journal of Dermatologyand Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Arvind Poswal delivers lectures and presentations on latest Hair Transplant technologies at various Medical Colleges and at National and International Conferences.
Some of them are listed below:
- He was felicitated as keynote speaker at “International Conference and Exhibition on Cosmetology & Cosmetics” at Hyderabad International Convention Centre, India (OMICS Group Conferences).
- Lecture and Presentation at Bakson’s Medical College, Noida (click here to view)
- Lecture presentation at RNT Medical college, Udaipur (click here to view)
- Lecture presentation about modern hair transplants at The Indian Salon Congress, 2013 as a Guest Panelist (click here to view)
- Delivered presentation about Modern Hair Transplant technology at Base Hospital, Delhi Cantonment.(click here to view)
- International FUE Society conference Chandigarh 2012 (click here to view).
- His ideas of hair graft estimation and hair transplant planning are now widely practiced by leading clinics world over. (Click here to view).
View his lectures and presentation videos
ISHRS (International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery)
- Boston (USA) 2010
- Bahamas (USA) 2012
- San Francisco (USA) 2013
- Kuala lumpur (Malaysia ) 2014
- Chicago (USA) 2015
AHRS (Association of hair restoration surgeons India)
- Mumbai (INDIA) 2011
- Kolkata (INDIA) 2012
- Bengaluru (INDIA) 2013
- Goa (INDIA) 2014
ESHRS (European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery) Munich (Germany)
His articles have been published in peer reviewed, indexed medical journals over the years. Some of the path breaking articles can be viewed below
Books Published – Dr Arvind Poswal has written/published books for the lay public as well as for aspiring hair transplant doctors
- “Hair Miracle” to help layman understand hair, hairloss and its natural care.
- “How to get Lush hair after Child Birth” helping to know effects of hormones on hair after childbirth and how it is responsible for hair loss.
- “Hair raising experiences”
- “Graft estimation in modern Hair Transplant”
- “Psoriasis, Hairloss and Hair Transplant”
- “Diabetes, Hairloss & Hair Transplant”
Besides this, he has appeared on multiple national TV channels including Doordarshan, Aaj Tak News, Sahara National News, Shakti TV Health Live Program, Sadhna Channel and been hosted on the famous show, Kuch Dill Se, by Ms Smriti Irani on SAB TV. His patient’s interviews as well as live surgeries have been shown on Zee Business (The Weekend Edition Cover Story).
His interviews have been telecast in the USA (including on FOX News channel) for his views on advances and future of hair restoration procedures.
The list of his satisfied patients includes patients from more than 15 countries around the world including many celebrities.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Founder Vice President of The International FUE society
- Founder President of Society of Hair Transplant Surgeons (SHTS)
- Member of European Society of Hair Transplant Surgery (ESHRS)
- Member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- Member of International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeon (IAHRS)
- Member of American Hairloss Association (AHLA)
- Full Member of Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons India (AHRS)
- Member of Indian Public Health Association (IPHA)
- Member of Indian Society of Cosmetic Chemists affiliated to (IFSCC)
- Lifetime Member of Continental Who’s Who