Post Hair Transplant Instructions in Delhi
PRE/POST OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
- Please get these tests done and bring the report along with you i.e Blood sugar, Bleeding Time & Clotting Time, HIV, HbsAg and reach the clinic at 9:30 am in the morning.
- Shampoo hair but don’t apply oil before coming for procedure.
- If you are using any one of these three medicines i.e – Minoxidil, Multivitamins and Aspirin, stop them at least 10 days prior to your surgery.
FUSE: BODY HAIR TRANSPLANT
A hair follicle passes through three stages during each growth cycle
- Anagen – active growth phase
- Catagen – resting phase
- Telogen – dormant phase
For body hair transplants, it is especially important to use anagen (i.e. actively growing) hair. This will speed up the growth process after hairs are transplanted to the scalp. In addition, the possibility of newly transplanted hair going into the resting phase and re-growing at a later date is reduced.
To help the Clinic identify hair follicles in the anagen phase, please shave off (do not wax/pluck) body donor areas seven days before the scheduled body hair transplant procedure. This way, once you arrive at the Clinic, only those hairs in the active anagen growth phase will show prominently. The doctor can then easily identify and transplant follicles in the anagen growth phase.
Before you shave body donor areas, please cut a few full-length strands of hair from the body donor areas. Tape and label them on plain paper. Bring them with you when you come for the procedure. This will help the doctor evaluate the characteristics of your body hair at full-length.
The beard donor area similarly has to be shaved 2 days before the procedure.
To understand guidelines for performing BHT click here.
Please peruse them to help understand how best body donor hair can be used.
FUSE: SCALP HAIR TRANSPLANT
Do not shave the scalp donor area before the procedure.
FUHT: SCALP HAIR TRANSPLANT
With a FUHT procedure, the biggest concern is the width of the donor strip scar. To reduce the width of this scar, you will need to increase the scalp elasticity of the donor area.
HOW TO INCREASE DONOR SCALP ELASTICITY
Massage the donor scalp area (i.e. the area just behind and between both ears). Gently roll, pinch and/or pull the skin. This will significantly increase donor scalp elasticity. Please do this 1-2 times daily at least one week before your hair transplant.
Remember to take any prescribed medications as instructed by your current physician on the day of the hair transplant procedure.
Notify the clinic if you have been prescribed/diagnosed with:
1. A chronic illness like diabetes, hypertension, metabolic disorders, etc. As long as your illness is under control via the use of medications, then the hair transplant can safely proceed.
2. History of hypertrophic scarring or are prone to keloid scar formation
3. Electronic device placed in your body ( e.g. pacemaker for heart disorders)
4. Allergies to specific medications
5. Medications currently prescribed and any supplements currently taken
Having undergone a hair transplant, please take the following post hair transplant instructions and care:
1. The hair follicular units are very delicate, especially in the first one week. Therefore a bandage has been applied over the transplanted area. This bandage can be safely removed the next morning (after 18 to 24 hrs).
2. You may wet the bandage to help the bandage to come off easily without sticking.
3. Mild swelling may appear over forehead which will subside on its own in about 3 to 4 days.
4. You can start taking head bath from the day after the completion of your hair transplant procedure. Take care not to rub over the transplanted area. Daily head bath will keep the area clean and also help the crusts formed over the grafts to get dislodged early. Do not bath under high pressure shower. Pat dry after bath.
5. Avoid heavy exertion/exercise/contact sports for first 10 days.
6. At the end of ten days, you can start rubbing the transplanted area during bath.
7. The transplanted hairs are usually seen to fall off within the first 4 weeks. This is followed by a resting phase of the hair roots. It takes 3 to 8 months on an average for the grafts to start sprouting hair. This hair growth is a gradual process, some roots taking longer to sprout hair than others. Rarely, some transplanted roots may take as long as 12 months to sprout hair.
8. At the end of 2 weeks, no special precautions are required. You can exercise and bath normally.
FOR FUHT STRIP PROCEDURE (DONOR AREA)
The donor area is the part from where the scalp donor strip is excised. After excision, the strip wound is sutured closed.
After bandage removal (that is the morning after finish of your procedure) you should take a gentle bath.
Pour water over the head with a gentle mug. Don’t use fast shower.
Make it a point to also cleanse the donor area. This helps to dislodge any blood clots/scabs that may be present over the sutures. This helps in faster healing and reduces the post healing discomfort.
You may use any gentle shampoo/ baby shampoo for the purpose of washing the scalp for the first 7 post operative days.
During this time make lather with the soap/ shampoo and apply it over complete scalp. Remember not to rub the recipient areas during the first 7 post operative days.
Leave the lather over the head for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
You may rub those areas of scalp that have not been operated, while taking head bath after head bath. After head bath, pat dry (gently) the recipient area, where the hair grafts have been transplanted. Do not rub the transplanted area for the first 7 days post operatively.
Apply normal saline solution to the recipient area 3 to 4 times a day to prevent skin irritation; you can apply it with a clean cloth wet in the saline. Dab the recipient area with the wet cloth. Leave it for 1 minute, and then pat it dry with a clean dry cloth.
This is to be done for the first 7 post operative days.
On the 8th post operative day, Use saline solution to wet the recipient area (as explained in step 4) after waiting for 1 minute rub it off with a clean towel.
You will find most of the scabs coming off easily. Do not worry if you see many hairs coming along with the scabs. That is normal. The hair roots go into a dormant phase and the hair half usually sheds.
Now take a normal head bath. Rub in the soap/shampoo in the recipient area to make lather. Then rinse it with plenty of water. Then rub it dry with a towel.
The transplanted hairs usually enter a resting phase and are seen to shed. This shedding will occur within the first 4 to 6 weeks and is quite normal. It takes between 2 to 8 months for the hair to sprout again.
The hair regrowth is a gradual process, the fill effect of a hair transplant usually be appreciated at 12 to 14 months after the actual procedure.
Mild swelling/oedema may appear on the forehead & near the eyebrows 2 to 3 days after the hair transplant. It subsides on its own in 48 to 72 hours after appearing.
Avoid heavy exercise, jogging, and vigorous activity till 7 days after the procedure. You can resume most activities, including jogging from the 8th post operative day. However, avoid any situations/exercises that put stretch on the strip suture. (It’s best to avoid them for, at least, 12 months post strip FUHT procedure, preferably forever). There is no restriction for any kind of reasonable exercises (including weight training) from the 8th post operative day for non strip (i.e. FUSE/fue) procedures.
Patients who have got strip FUHT, are also advised to start strip donor area pinching exercises, 14 days after the procedure (for 10 minutes twice a day) to perform them, keep the forefinger above and thumb below the strip suture an try to pinch the scalp.
By doing this, the stretch is taken off the strip suture and transferred to the scalp below and above it.
This simple exercise helps faster & better healing of the strip suture line.
1800 112 343
We are Open
Timing :- 10:AM to 5:PM (All 7 Days Open)